Nicklaus Golf Academy Open at Tian Tai Golf and Hot Spring Resort
World-class facilities aim to create the ultimate golf destination for instruction and training
The Jack Nicklaus Academies of Golf is pleased to announce the opening of the first-ever Jack Nicklaus Academy of Golf in the Shandong Province. Open July 8th, 2012 the world-class training facility at the TenTimes Golf & Hot Spring Resort (formerly TianTai) is one of the most complete golf instruction and training facilities in all of China.
Tian Tai is pleased to welcome Gordy Walker as Director of Instruction the Jack Nicklaus Academy. Gordy is a USA PGA Professional with exceptional teaching experience worldwide. Gordy is also certified by the Titleist Performance Institute.
In addition to the exclusive Jack Nicklaus Academy facility, the TenTimes Golf & Hot Spring Resort will have a complete driving range including covered hitting stalls, natural grass tees, multiple target greens, putting and short game areas, and is open to the public.
The Nicklaus Academy features climate-controlled teaching bays with an array of technologies including:
- The Jack Nicklaus Coaching Studio and the Nicklaus Academies Analysis Software, multiple high-speed video cameras, an integrated pressure / balance mat, studio lighting, a Flight Scope launch monitor and more.
- In a second instruction bay is K-Vest Movement Analysis Technology. Sensors on the student along with the computer capture data from sensors positioned on the student's body. With this "data" the computer creates an accurate animation of the student's body and swing that is now viewable from virtually any angle. The information provided through this very special technology will shorten the learning process by 4 to 5 times.
- Inside the teaching facility is also a computerized putting lab with technology used by Tour Professionals called TOMI. This technology allows the Nicklaus Academies instructors to analyze your putting stroke from face alignment to stroke path, impact tempo and speed. Since 30% of your strokes come on the putting green during a normal round of golf, time spent in the Nicklaus Academy putting lab is well worth the time.
- Additional features include mental evaluation and training tools, custom club and ball fitting sessions, a Nicklaus Academy putting green and chipping area, practice bunker, short game practice area, and artificial hitting mats.
- All Nicklaus Academy instructors will be certified by Nicklaus Academies as to their proven teaching philosophy and methods. Mike Malaska, world-wide Director of Instruction for Nicklaus Academies and 2011 PGA of America National Teacher of the Year, will direct the training of the staff and the deployment of the comprehensive curriculum from Nicklaus Academies.
- Nicklaus Academies has world-class training centers throughout the world including Japan, Korea, Denmark, Spain, Brazil, Mexico, Dominican Republic and the United States.
- Tiantai Golf & Hot Spring Resort has 27 holes championship golf course, 46 rooms & suites, driving range, golf academy golf course, natural hot spring facilities and extensive food & beverage facilities. Effective from January 1, 2012 the golf club and the resort facilities have been managed by an international management company called China Hospitality Synergy (CHS), with its head office is in Shanghai.
For further information, please contact the following:
General Manager of TenTimes Golf & Hot Spring Resort
Chairman & Chief Executive Officer of China Hospitality Synergy (CHS)
Executive Vice President/Chief Operating Officer of Nicklaus Academies